13 August 2010

Wow, has it really been that long?

I moved into my new house over a month ago, and I just realized today that I haven't posted anything here since the day that I moved.

Time flies when you're having fun... (Yeah, right.)

Oh well, I can't go back in time and re-do everything so that I can post every other day and talk about all the interesting things that I've seen/heard/done since I moved, so I'll just chalk that up as lost time and move on.

Of course, I haven't really seen/heard/done anything of interest anyway, so it's not like I would have that much to talk about.

Moving sucks. Plain and simple. You take everything you own and pack it up into a million boxes, then you move it somewhere else so you can unpack those million boxes and put everything into a different place. It's not the sort of thing you want to do all the time. And, even though I'm sure you already know this: You never truly know how much crap you own until you have to move it.

Seriously.

The one bright side of the move is that now I get to stare at a beautiful 42" LCD television while I'm wasting my life away on the couch instead of accomplishing things that need to be accomplished. And I'm okay with that, because it's a nice friggin' tv. I've been used to watching a 27" tv in standard definition because that's all I've ever been able to afford, but when my wife and I bought our house, we came to the realization that it was time for us to treat ourselves to something nice.

Hell, we're going to be in debt for the next 30 years anyway, so what's another 600 bucks going to matter in the grand scheme of things?*

* - That's really all the convincing it took for us to buy the tv, I'm not making this up.

I guess if there were a point to this nonsense, it would be to stop worrying about the future, and just live in the present. You're not guaranteed to even be here in 30 years, so why worry about what might happen that far down the road? Live today, and buy that tv. You'll be glad you did. Especially when you see your favorite show in HD for the first time.

No comments

Post a Comment