06 July 2011

I got another tattoo! (well, sorta)

Ever since I got my first tattoo, I've been wanting to get another one. (WARNING: If you're thinking about getting a tattoo, be aware that they can be addictive.) Well, my brother decided to be a really nice guy and buy me one for my upcoming birthday, so yesterday we went back to the place that did my first tattoo to set up an appointment for my new one.

While I was there I decided to get an addition to the tattoo I already have because I have been thinking that it needed something to spice it up a little since the day I got it, so I decided to add a scroll to give it more of an authentic feel. I printed a picture of a scroll that I liked and brought it with me to the tattoo shop, and the artist free-handed my scroll based on the picture that I brought in.

I can't complain about the results because I absolutely love it.

Reading vertically: Nicolas (left), and Natalie (right); the names of my children.

(Note: Please excuse the gratuitous showing of side-boob in the picture.)

I'm looking forward to getting my other tattoo done tonight because I'm excited to see what the artist has designed based on the concept that I gave her. (I'll give a hint: it's a USC Gamecocks tattoo.) I'll be sure to share a picture of it when it's finished.

If you're in the South Carolina area and you want to get a great tattoo from really cool people, check out Ivory Tiger Tattoo in Summerville. (I am not being paid for this endorsement. I'm only endorsing it because it really is a great tattoo place.)

Stay tuned for pictures of my new tattoo tonight or tomorrow.

UPDATE: Here's my new gamecock tattoo, as promised:

No comments

Post a Comment