29 June 2011

Big Fat Slob: One Month Update

Last month I started my plan to stop being a big fat slob, and I must say that I'm impressed with myself as I've lost 12 pounds in the last 30 days. I honestly never thought I could do it because I like chocolate, ice cream, and reese cups too much...but I suppose even I can surprise myself if I put my mind to it and work towards reaching my goal.

I'm a little under halfway to my goal, as I have lost 12 pounds and have 15 more to go, but the fact that I've made it this far is amazing to me, so I think I might stick with it and see what happens for another 30 days. If you've ever considered losing weight...I urge you to try cutting back on the bad stuff you eat and limit yourself to 2000 or so calories per day. You'll be surprised at how easy it really is after you get used to not stuffing your face all day. (I'll admit -- this step takes longer for some of us to overcome.)

I still struggle from time to time with cravings for a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream or a bag of reese cups (especially at night -- they always seem to be worse at night), but so far I've been able to fight them off and press forward towards my goal. For the first time in my life, I truly believe that I will reach this goal that I've set for myself, and it makes me feel great.

That's all for now, as I have other things to accomplish today, but hopefully my next update will be as good, if not better, than this one has been.

1 comment

  1. Awesome dude! I myself have begun exercising again and I've done pretty good so far. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. and I've lost 13 lbs. already. Stay the path bro,and Good luck on the rest of this journey.

    ReplyDelete